Friday, November 1, 2013

Setting Intentions: NaNoWriMo

November is NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  The goal of NaNoWriMo is to write 50,000 words before the end of the month, thus resulting in a novel.  That, however, is really not how my writing works best.  I plod along on long stories and it can take me days or weeks between outputting new material.  However, I do fairly well when working on short stories.

So in my own twist on NaNoWriMo, I'm going to attempt to write 5 myth/fable style stories a week here.  I will generally endeavor to give them some form of connection, as I have a story cycle that's been rattling around my mind for years that I'd like to put on the page.  I'm limiting it to 5 a week so I still have time to do things for my other blog and my own lesiure.

So that said, if you read this, know me and see me falling behind, bug me!  I might be temporarily cranky about it, but I'll thank you in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment